Raffles Hall Bursary Eligibility and Criteria
- The purpose of the Raffles Hall Bursary is to provide financial assistance for NUS students with demonstrable, means-tested inability to afford to stay in Raffles Hall.
- The Bursary will cover up to 1 semester's worth of hall fees valued at the double room rate.
- The number and quantum of bursaries each year are not fixed, and depend on the availability of funds and applications received that year.
- Applicants must be matriculated students of NUS and residents of Raffles Hall.
- The gross monthly per capita income should not exceed $1,200.
- Applicants with other forms of financial assistance e.g. grants, bursaries, scholarships are to declare them in their application. It is the onus of the applicant to obtain prior approval from their existing awarding bodies (if any) before applying for the Bursary.
- Applicants must:
- be of sound character and exemplary conduct,
- active in hall activities
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria may also be considered under special circumstances by the Bursary Committee.
- Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their financial needs and hall involvement/contributions. If the applicant is a freshman, potential contributions to the
Hall will be considered.
- All shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by the Bursary Committee.
C. Raffles Hall Ambassador
Bursary holders are expected to be Ambassadors of Raffles Hall. In particular, they are expected to:
- host visitors and guests of the Hall (such as showcasing their hostel rooms to VIPs upon arrangement by the Hall Office.)
- participate in Open House, either as a tour guide, or booth operator.
- assist the Hall and Office as and when the need arises
- help publicize the Bursary (e.g. writing a testimonial)
Recipients will return the Bursary should they be deemed to fail in their duties by the Bursary Committee.
D. Other Terms and Conditions
- The Raffles Hall Bursary is tenable for one year. A fresh application is required at the start of every academic year.
- Recipients are expected to maintain their academic and hall commitments.
- The Bursary will be given out in 2 tranches and the continuation of support is contingent upon a satisfactory mid year review by the Committee.
E. Deadline and Submission
- The deadline for the Bursary application is 28th February 2013, 12 noon.
- All applications should reach Raffles Hall Office by 12.00pm on 28th February
Alternatively, applicants can mail their completed application form to:
National University of Singapore
19 Kent Ridge Crescent
Applicants sending their applications by snail mail are reminded to take into account postal working hours, and that the application must reach Raffles Hall office by the stipulated deadline to be deemed valid.
- The application form can be downloaded from here.
- Late and/or incomplete submissions will be considered invalid.
- Please note that we take integrity very seriously and if you provide any false information in your submission, you could be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.